Database Manager (0.8 FTE) – SSMO Foundation
The Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon (SSMO) Foundation is a dynamic, creative, and nimble organization that supports the SSMO-sponsored ministries of healthcare, education and outreach. We are currently looking for a database expert to join our team and support the great work that happens on our campus and in the community. The new Database Manager (DBM) will be responsible for the overall management required to maintain a healthy, robust, and accurate donor database. The DBM is responsible for the day-to-day management of The Raiser’s Edge in support of all development initiatives and for establishing routines with the development team to assure accuracy in donor records and the integrity of the data. This successful candidate will be a contributing member of the SSMO Foundation team.
- Maintain The Raiser’s Edge database according to the annual schedule and task list.
- Oversee gift, pledge and membership processing daily.
- Perform all acquisition and active appeal imports and exports for mail house.
- Generate all donor acknowledgment letters.
- Coordinate all gifts processing with the Director of Development and Executive Director to maintain high quality control and ensure that system requirements are being met by all Raiser’s Edge users.
- Implement data oversight functions that ensure that a high standard of clean data is being maintained. Work to train to relevant staff to ensure the quality of data.
- Review standard trainings (through Blackbaud or other) and make suggestions to specific staff as warranted.
- Reconcile gifts/pledges with the Finance Department and liaise with Finance during financial audits to ensure that gift data are properly coded and communicated to the accounting software on a weekly basis.
- Create and run queries, exports and reports to support fundraising efforts, as requested by Director of Development.
- Create mailing list for e-blasts and newsletters.
- Proficiency with Blackbaud's The Raiser’s Edge; mastery is preferred.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Raiser’s Edge in a development office environment/non-profit setting.
- Strong demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven history of working in a timely and efficient manner.
Pay is competitive and based on experience. Full benefits: medical insurance (that includes coverage for naturopathy, acupuncture, chiropractic, and massage therapy); 24/7 phone access to licensed medical doctors; choice of PPO or HMO dental insurance; 100% employer-paid life and disability insurance; an employee assistance program; and 100%-vested employer contributions to a retirement plan that does not require employees to contribute.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘SSMOF Database Manager’ typed in the subject heading. Applicants selected to receive an interview will also be asked to submit three references.
The position will be open until filled.
Full-Time Elementary School Vice Principal
Valley Catholic School is looking for a full-time vice principal to serve in its Elementary School (K-5) beginning in the 2014-2015 school year.
The vice principal will be responsible for the following:
- Promoting positive relationships between the school, the parents of its students, and the general community.
- Assisting in the organization and implementation of a sound program of student discipline through effective communication with faculty, staff, students, and parents.
- Assisting in the delivery of daily prayer and announcements, including working with Student Council members to deliver them each morning
- Assisting teachers in the coordination of the school’s service-to-the-community program.
- Partnering with enrichment coordinators to provide enrichment opportunities for our school’s students.
- Assisting in the supervision and evaluation of faculty & staff and promoting the improvement of faculty & staff performance.
- Leading our teacher & staff mentoring program for new employees.
- Assisting with in-depth studies and analysis of data for school improvement.
- Maintaining a list of approved substitutes and helping to arrange for substitutes when necessary.
- Implementing and revising emergency procedures: fire, earthquake, and lockdown procedures.
- Supervising and evaluating the lunch program and its employees.
- Coordinating the school’s student drop-off and pick-up times.
- Coordinating and supervising the school’s after-school offerings.
- Serving actively on leadership teams, such as the leadership advisory team, accreditation leadership team, and the campus safety committee.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the school action plans.
- Providing support in the front office as needed.
Applicants should have at least one year of school administrative or leadership experience. Strong knowledge of curriculum mapping and experience working within Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) are also desired qualifications. Preference is given to Catholic applicants as well as those who have completed a school administrator licensure program and carry current State of Oregon administrator certification.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and one letter of reference to email@example.com. Employment is contingent upon the ability to pass the criminal background check required of all campus employees.
Applications will be accepted until March 15 or until a qualified applicant is selected.
RNs – Maryville Nursing Home
Maryville Nursing Home, a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon, has openings for two full-time Registered Nurses to join our nonprofit team of attentive and compassionate healthcare professionals. One nurse is needed for the evening shift, 2:30 -10:30 PM, and one is needed to alternate between days (6:30 AM - 2:30 PM) and evenings.
Requirements: a nursing license; the ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with residents, their family members, and staff at every level of the organization; and the ability to pass the background check required of all campus employees. Candidates with experience using the CareTracker electronic documentation system will receive preference.
The successful candidate will appreciate Maryville's well-staffed, updated, and ultra-clean facility and will contribute to the calm, respectful, and resident-centered atmosphere founded on the Sisters' life-affirming Catholic values. Pay is competitive, and benefits include medical insurance (that covers chiropractic, acupuncture, naturopathy, and massage therapy), dental insurance, and vision insurance, an employee assistance program, 24/7 phone access to a doctor, cell phone discount programs, and a 100% employer match for retirement account contributions.
To learn more about supporting the Sisters' mission at Maryville, please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified Nursing Aides (all shifts) -- Maryville
Maryville Nursing Home, a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon, has several current opportunities for CNAs to join its team of attentive and compassionate healthcare professionals.
The need is for CNAs to work day shifts from 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM, evening shifts from 2:30 PM to 10:30 PM, and night shifts from 10:30 PM to 6:30 AM. These are full-time positions with benefits that include medical insurance (that covers chiropractic, acupuncture, naturopathy, and massage therapy), dental insurance, company-paid life and disability insurance, a retirement plan with a 100% employer match, an employee assistance program, and cell phone discount programs.
Requirements include a proven track record of reliable attendance and attention to detail, the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, the ability to stand and walk for several hours at a time, the ability to pass a background check, and the ability to establish respectful rapport with the Residents and their visitors.
To apply, please send a resume and three references (at least one from a former supervisor who is willing to discuss your past performance) to email@example.com.