People often tell us that our campus projects a feeling of serenity. But if you look past those idyllic images, you will discover a vibrant campus community brimming with activity 24/7. On February 1, 2017, our communications team set out to capture the energy of our campus on a single day.
Honors for Spirit magazine
Spirit magazine received three awards in the 2017 Hermes Creative Awards, an international competition for creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional materials and programs, and emerging technologies. Entries come from corporate marketing and communication departments, advertising agencies, PR firms, graphic design shops, production companies, web and digital creators and freelancers.
- Editor Barbara Kerr, APR, Fellow PRSA, and Graphic Designer Todd Sargood received a gold award in the overall publication (magazine) category.
- Todd Sargood received a gold award for his design of the “Making History” issue (fall 2016-winter 2017).
- Barbara Kerr received a gold award for writing for the “Changing Lives” issue (spring-summer 2016).
Spirit magazine received three awards in the 2016 Hermes Creative Awards.
- Editor Barbara Kerr, APR, Fellow PRSA, and Graphic Designer Todd Sargood received a platinum award (top honors) in the overall publication (magazine) category.
- Graphic Designer Todd Sargood received two gold awards for design: publication overall for the “Our Campus as a Canvas” issue (fall 2015-winter 2016) and publication cover for the “One Campus. One Community. One World.” issue (spring-summer 2015).
Spirit also received a platinum award (top honors) in the 2016 MarCom Awards, an international competition for marketing and communication professionals.
The award-winning Spirit magazine is published twice yearly by the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon Ministries Corporation. It was preceded by Outlook, the first campus magazine.
To learn more or to contact us, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit Archives (2002-present)
Outlook Archives (1994-2001)