For 130 years, the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon have been committed to compassionate, joyful service. This issue of Spirit magazine is devoted entirely to the history of the Sisters. It is a remarkable story of humility, faith and hope: trusting God into the unknown and always embracing the path forward. We are proud to announce that this issue received two gold awards in the 2017 Hermes Creative Awards – for overall publication and for publication design.
Honors for Spirit magazine
Spirit magazine received three awards in the 2017 Hermes Creative Awards, an international competition for creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional materials and programs, and emerging technologies. Entries come from corporate marketing and communication departments, advertising agencies, PR firms, graphic design shops, production companies, web and digital creators and freelancers.
- Editor Barbara Kerr, APR, Fellow PRSA, and Graphic Designer Todd Sargood received a gold award in the overall publication (magazine) category.
- Todd Sargood received a gold award for his design of the “Making History” issue (fall 2016-winter 2017).
- Barbara Kerr received a gold award for writing for the “Changing Lives” issue (spring-summer 2016).
Spirit magazine received three awards in the 2016 Hermes Creative Awards.
- Editor Barbara Kerr, APR, Fellow PRSA, and Graphic Designer Todd Sargood received a platinum award (top honors) in the overall publication (magazine) category.
- Graphic Designer Todd Sargood received two gold awards for design: publication overall for the “Our Campus as a Canvas” issue (fall 2015-winter 2016) and publication cover for the “One Campus. One Community. One World.” issue (spring-summer 2015).
Spirit also received a platinum award (top honors) in the 2016 MarCom Awards, an international competition for marketing and communication professionals.
The award-winning Spirit magazine is published twice yearly by the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon Ministries Corporation. It was preceded by Outlook, the first campus magazine.
To learn more or to contact us, write to email@example.com.
Spirit Archives (2002-present)
Outlook Archives (1994-2001)